Friday, June 18, 2010

Is there a summer camp for moms?

By now, the panic usually starts to set in; it’s now less than a one week countdown before the three month school vacation begins and I haven’t signed my children up for any summer activities.
In the past, I’ve had no need to fear because I signed up as soon as I received the town recreation brochure; but something is very different this year.
It could be because my kids are a little older now and don’t drive me as crazy when they’re in my presence together for more than five minutes. No, that’s not it.
Perhaps it is because I’m a little older now and I’ve changed. I like spending every waking moment with them. No, I don’t think that’s it either.
Maybe it’s because I haven’t had a single second to even think about it and figure it will all fall into place when the time comes; that could definitely be it.
Or, I’m not worried at all because I’m sure we can come up with plenty of things to do on a day to day basis and if I have to work, I’m sure I can find a babysitter; now, that’s not realistic.
Here’s the real deal – summer is coming – help!
Is there a camp moms can escape to?
Why not change things around a little bit and instead of the kids going to camp, moms get to go.
A camp where there is no whining; nutritional meals are served three times a day; a personal trainer keeps us in shape; tanning does not cause wrinkles; everything is free and there is no time limit.
Moms can come and go for as long as they need to. We can skype with our kids if we need to. Dads would be able to handle everything on their own, balancing work and family, just like moms do on a daily basis.
If this kind of camp really existed, I have a feeling none of us would come home.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love my little chicks, but the mother hen can sometimes use a break and certainly deserves one once in a while.
It’s nice to fantacize.
Seriously, I don’t know what I’m going to do this summer.
But, my number one goal is to try to have fun and relax with my perfectly behaved brood.
Who am I kidding?
I’m signing up for that mommy camp as soon as I find out if it exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment